Saturday, January 01, 2005

QUIET TIMES

Upon returning from a fishing trip with my brother, the fish we caught made for an exciting trip. Reflecting back to the spans of time when there were no fish to be had I find that those moments are important. Let me back track for a minute, usually our ice fishing trip in December is with 2 or 3 friends and it can get quite loud and the word DRUNK comes to mind. This year it was just the 2 of us and there were extended periods of time when nothing was said. These were very important times for me as I sit here writing.

At times a word, phrase, or gesture from my brother took me back to vivid childhood memories. I like to think that I’m a person that lives in the present and I really don’t dwell on past events in my life, but those memories that were evoked may have been lost to me forever if not for the time we spent together.

What does this have to do with fishing, in some ways nothing, but it may be the reason to take time to do things with a parent, sibling, spouse, or special friend. NOT in a group but one-on-one. Depending on the time in your life it may be just an outing, but it may be something that might last forever.

Try it and you may find that the time it took for the outing may bring you a lifetime of memories.

Keep the gas in your auger fresh and good fishing.

Steelheader

1 Comments:

Blogger Donavon said...

Souds good to me.

2/1/05 13:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet