Saturday, April 09, 2005

Rainy River Day

Well it was Friday April 8th and this kid was bored being in the city!! So like a dummy I went fishing. HEHEHE. Like many others today I went fishing on Rainy River because of the lure of the big walleye, every year many 20-30 inch fish are caught as the fish move from Lake Of The Woods into the Rainy to spawn. My luck this year hasn't changed much…I was too early. With the season ending on the 15th of April I went on the first nice boating day, the wrong day. Of the 50 or so boats that I fished among I saw 3 walleyes caught all day and I caught a sucker. I didn’t get skunked as Mickey said.

Enough sarcasm, we had a fun day the weather was in the 60’s and sunny. A great day to be on the water. I took some pictures of expensive boats and they weren’t catching fish either. Now I guess its time to wait till the opener on May 14th. I will check in with pictures and maybe some golfing stories. WAIT a minute!!! No it doesn’t have anything to do with fishhouses but hey…THAT’S what I also do in the non-ice periods. Hey I can make-up words if I like, ITS my blog. Well anyway till the next time.

Catch-em if you find them,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet