Monday, May 16, 2005

THE 2005 FISHING OPENER IS HISTORY

Well the Minnesota fishing opener has come and gone with Mother Nature having the last laugh. Saturday was an opening day nightmare. The temperature started out at about 35*and rose to a whopping 42* maybe, did I mention 15-25 MPH winds and let me not forget rain and drizzle all morning long. We caught 5 walleyes in the morning and went back to the fishhouse to warm up. YES we brought the fish house to the opener, but we slept in it. Back at the resort we BBQ’ed during sun showers and moved in and out of the fishhouse and finally in the back of my truck to keep dry.

The evening fishing was great or so I’m told…..I remember none of it. You see the morning cold and the afternoon sun showers made it easy to find a GOOD excuse to drink beer and may I add I drank more than my share. The evening fishing started out OK but soon the beers were passed around and the came the peppermint schnapps and the DuKuyper pineapple whatever. That was the end for me….I soon couldn’t tie a hook on my line and the evening fishing was over for me. In the morning I thanked Bruce, Bill and Jeff for babysitting me. The fishing was good they caught 25 walleyes.

Sunday I woke up refreshed for another day of fishing, ok so I felt like SH*T but I went out fishing without complaining. We caught 7 Sunday morning and then another 30 Sunday night….BTW…I caught 12 myself, But everyone caught fish and had a good time.

As Bill said the 2005 Opener is now in the fishing Anals .

I hope you enjoy the pictures, I tried to include everyone who fished with us, Joe’s picture didn’t turn out very good….SORRY.

Catch em if you can,

Steelheader

1 Comments:

Blogger Donavon said...

Sounds and looks like a helluva good time. Wish I could have been there with you all. If we make it up there this summer, I hope to be able to reap some of the spoils of your hard work out on the water. There's nothing quite like the taste of fresh northern MN fish.

19/5/05 15:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet