Monday, May 30, 2005

A Fun Night with Zach and the Mickman

I guess you could call last night a fishing trip but, it was more a slice and dice night. Let me explain, Zach and I took Mickey out fishing and the fish weren’t cooperating so other entertainment was needed. First we watch the Mickman miss bite after bite, and we heard about the missed bites…..DAMN I missed another…DAMN I missed another…..DAMN I missed another…..Need I continue. Soon we didn’t need to hear or see missed bites we began to feel them, I guess this needs to be explained. Mickman started to leave his feet trying to set the hook so the whole boat shook. HEHEHE. Finally he hooked a walleye and as I was lifting it into the boat his line breaks or his knot breaks and we loose the fish. Then Zach gave him knot tying lessons. ZACH style, lets say there was a lot of sarcasm and name calling involved…Too funny.

So off too Round Lake we go. Now the Mickman lessons are in full swing, he got lessons in jigging, hook setting, and more. He took it well though as he continued to take his nippers( Canadian Mist). Now as we’re difting and laughing I hook onto something that feels big, after a good battle I pull up a BULLHEAD. Needless to say it was Steelheader’s time to take a ripping. I called a Time Out, NO fair and what other excuse I could use but we all laughed. Hey this is my BLOG you can’t pick on me!! Anyway the night continued like this and a laughing good time was had by all. Everybody took some sh*t and nobody came away with any hard feelings.

Let me go back to the start when we were fishing Winnie. We did a Jeff V. bass trick that also produced laughs. In the middle of nowhere we through out a decoy buoy and we watched 3 or 4 boats move in on it to see what we were catching or what we saw there. Too funny!!

Just in passing Jeanette your name came up a few times and I’m looking forward to meeting you.

Zach also talked of his days as a marine and Mickman told of his brother Junior being a decorated Green Beret in Vietnam so at this time I’d like to show my appreciation to all the veterans of this great country and say THANK-YOU!! Job well done.

Enjoy your day,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet