Monday, June 13, 2005

U N B E L I E V A B L E

Just when you think you’ve seen it all there is another fishing story to tell. It starts out at the end of TJ’s bar on a busy band night. DJ and Bakes said we have to go fishing on Sunday afternoon, so the tale starts here. Bakes and I left town at 2 on Sunday to pick up David in Rapids. We headed north on 46 with not a clue of where to fish but the guys were looking at the county map trying to pick a lake. When I got to Round Lake and with still no decision I said Round Lake it is.( I make executive decisions all the time). The landing was busy with fishermen coming off the lake, 2 fish in this boat, 4 fish in this boat, it wasn’t looking good. The wind was calming down and the sun was shining, how could it be a bad day for fishing.

We motored out to the bar and there were 15 boats on and around it, either the fish were biting or we were in a group of die-hards. We made a drift by 2 anchored boats with no bites or fish seen caught. I decided to backtroll a little deeper and pass on the other side of an anchored boat next to a marker buoy. I picked up a nice fish and as we got closer to the boat they called to us and said fish next to them. They said in 2 hours the 3 of them had caught 30 fish, Bakes said I can anchor and jig fish, this could be fun. The guys in the boat said don’t cast just drop your line over the boat and bring it up an inch off the bottom. As I dropped the anchor DJ let down his line and 20 seconds later he had a fish. UNBELIVABLE. In the next half an hour we boated 10 fish and missed as many. We ended catching 18 fish in this spot with 2 releases for over the slot size and 1 that got off before the net man (me) could get him in the boat. Zach I wish I could have tortured you with vertical jigging….Too much fun on a beautiful day.

You can always take advice, Thank-you guys you made our night fun,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet