Friday, August 12, 2005

An Excuse Me - Morning Catch

It was like this yesterday, I was damn bored after golfing so I think I’ll fish tomorrow morning. I called Mickey about 6 PM yesterday and found out he had the morning off so a morning fishing trip was set.

When we left town at 6:30 it was cold and I was glad I dressed with a jacket and a long sleeved shirt because it felt like a fall day had arrived. The lake was calm for about 20 minutes after we got there and we were fighting the wind all morning, But we caught fish. In fact Mickey may have caught his life time walleye. The event kind of sounded like this….Dave I’ve got a snag we have to back, so I reel up and am following his line back to the snag. We get there and all of a sudden his snag starts to swim away from the boat, hey it’s a fish and a big one. The miracle in this whole scenario was that his knot held and the walleye was 29”.

Congrats Mickey it was a beautiful fish and a great release, you should have been there Junior. The pictures below are the proof and to think I almost forgot my camera this morning.

Catch a biter if you can,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet