Friday, December 30, 2005

Red Lake After Christmas...A Great Party!!

Bruce continued his holiday fishing trip so he and I took Zach and Dubo up to Red Lake for 2 days. We didn’t expect to catch many crappies and we weren’t disappointed, we caught zero crappies. The walleyes kept up a lot of action with some nice 18” fish, and the perch wouldn’t leave us alone. THE important thing is we didn’t run out of booze. Nobody complained because Zach was talking to every fishhouse he could walk to and he didn’t find 10 crappies in 20 places or so. The resorts still need fishermen to find the crappie schools.

I will also tell fishermen that the ice conditions are terrible, there are many thin ice covered slush holes waiting to swallow up your truck. Pick your routes carefully and don’t get out by yourself or you could be sitting for awhile till help arrives. We need some cold weather and better snow conditions on the lakes the drifts will also bury you to the axels.

Our highlight of the trip was our introduction to high tech fishing by Mike Dubovich….AKA….Dubo. This poor guys carries no less than 100 pounds of electronics with him at all times. I tried to review a few of them in the pics below. Just trust me when I say that he didn’t leave anything at home. We were entertained.

I hope the fishing picks and I’ll keep you posted on what I hear from the fishermen I talk too, Bruce’s work buddy Harry said they did well on Morris point on Lake Of The Woods, but fishing was still slow for this time of the year. A lot of work, and moving was the key to find fish.

The weather looks to be going to be mild so get out and try your luck,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet