Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A Hot Tip on Red Lake....We're Off

Coming off night shift I was pumped to go fishing, I had it in my mind to try out my new GPS and go to Big Winnie. I was getting my tackle ready when I thought to call Zach and see if he had heard of any good fishing anywhere. All of a sudden I wasn’t fishing Winnie any more, we were headed crappie fishing. I get to his house and off we go to pick up Reed. We stopped at Ben’s Bait for guess what…Bait. While talking to the locals about the hot spots, Bowstring pops up and I say that at work some rumors were flying that they had caught fish there. A change again off to Bowstring, but wait!! On the way north of Deer River I get a call from my son David, saying that Red Lake had a good weekend with some nice fish being caught.

Needless to say after some discussion off to Red Lake we went. We actually went to Red Lake and catch perch, walleye and crappies. It was a beautiful day and the company was great I hope you enjoy the pictures. The fishing may be starting to pick up on Red Lake, let’s hope so.

I hope all are enjoying the excellent fishing weather by getting out and fishing,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet