Sunday, May 28, 2006

Mickey's First trip of the Year

HO HUM…. Another day to fish, life can be so boring!! Just kidding, today I took Mickey fishing on Red lake. We met Zach and Reed up there and had a blast cranking for walleyes. As usual Mickey found a new best way to catch walleyes, last year it was crawler rigging after he caught his big fish. Now it may be crank baiting because he’s never caught so many walleyes in one day. Enough about Mickey’s foibles, the day was windy but fishable on the south shore. Mickey and I landed about 30-40 eyes on cranks, jigs and bobber fishing.

We also found some Hibb Tac rejects up there fishing, I could make some nasty comments but the pictures tell it all….HEHE…

All in all Red lake will make a fun day for anybody looking for walleye action and be creative, we had a blast crank baiting for the fish today and it made for a no brainer for Mickey. The fish hooked themselves, just hang onto your rod. I’m on vacation for 2 weeks now and am spending a week up on Winnie. I will have a lot of pics to post then. Don’t go into shock fishermen if you see no eye candy on the blog it will be coming when I return from my fishing overdose.

Enjoy the weather and at least one day of fishing,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet