Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Fishing Week with Friends and Family

I promised you some pictures from my Winnie week, well I think I did a GOOD JOB!! You can judge for yourself after you read about the fishing marathon. Wednesday was a set-up disaster starting with a power outage at the resort and trying to find a level spot for the fish house. I finally got out fishing about 2 PM, after bouncing around different spots I found a 26” eye at Stoney Point. In the next 2 days we had to let go 2 fish for every 1 we caught, needless to say the big ones were biting. We had fish both Wednesday and Thursday evening and ate till all were full.

Bruce showed up Thursday night so Friday Zach, Bakes Bill, Bruce and I went to Red lake for the day. It was by far one of the strangest days ever, Red Lake was as flat as a mirror and the fish were biting in 4-6’ of water. Each boat caught 20-40 walleyes and 4 crappies each, and most crappie were caught on crank baits. Everyone fried in the 80+ degree day with no wind to cool you off.

Saturday on Winnie was almost as flat as Red lake was the day before so the walleyes were hard to come by but those caught were all over 20”, after running to different spots we decided to do some serious drinking. Dave, Bakes and Zach tented that night and Bruce and I went back to Red Lake on Sunday and had a great time. Monday and Tuesday were clean up time and I fished Little Winnie each day between thunder storms and downpours…..I was dumb enough on Monday evening to fish for 2 hours in a steady rain, guess I had to get the most out of my last day.

I can say that I had a great time, and the people and family I fished with made it a very special time. I will do it again if I can get the vacation I need to enjoy the fishing, friendship, and weather.

I hope all can enjoy fishing with family and friends,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet