Saturday, December 23, 2006

LOW Trip To Remember

I hate when you have to work to be able to go fishing, I just returned from four days at Lake Of The Woods and the fishing was fantastic. The slowest day we had was a catch of only 35 fish, on our best day we caught upwards of 60 fish. Roy our statistician figures we totaled around 185 fish in four days of fishing. Adrianne’s is letting trucks and wheeled fish houses out so that was where we did our fishing. It was a good choice because some friends at Zippel Bay had 3 slow days and never limited any day they fished. The report from Morris Point was better but nobody was raving about throwing too many fish back.

Bruce and Bill each fished 2 days, while Roy, Zach and I fished 4 days. We caught a lot of 13-15” fished and ate fish until we had our fill. Nobody went hungry! Anybody looking for good ice fishing should try to get up to LOW before the bite slows and the resorters are hoping it will last all winter long. I took a lot of pictures, I hope you enjoy them. Zach’s 28” walleye looks like a monster….IT WAS!!

Christmas will keep me off the lakes for a few days, but I hope to take the grandkids fishing on Thursday.

Merry Christmas all and I hope next year will bring the best to you and your families,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet