Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Fishing Trip From HELL !!

Monday night Z and I left for Red lake to look for some slabs. The bite has been good so we felt like trying our luck on the big lake. All went well on the trip up and the set up was easy for being 8 in the evening. Once fishing we even caught a few fish before we went to bed. After the lights went out the sh!t hit the fan, the furnace sh!t the bed and all night long I tried different things to stay warm. On one of my many light the ^@#$%^**%^ furnace events I knocked my glasses off and down the ICE hole they went. The only thing we did right was to bring an electric heater with us so with the generator running we were able to keep the house at about 45 degrees. It was a quicky every time you got out of the sleeping bag, you didn't crawl out and think about what needed to be done. Between lighting the furnace and refilling the generator with gas, I slept very little and froze my a$$ off!

BTW the second night wasn't much better but we both said screw it and stayed in the sleeping bags. The fishing was good but not fast, we caught fish all day long and had a couple of doubles each day we fished. I hope you enjoy the pictures. We also played with the video function on my camera and had fun. I can't at the moment get them onto the blog and get them to play. I need some help and I hope eventually they can be played on the blog.

The crappies are beginning to turn on so a trip to Red Lake should be in your future, last year the fishing was so poor everyone thought the slabs were extinct. The numbers may be down but the slabs are around and biting.

Later from one very blind,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet