Monday, May 18, 2009

CG Auto Glass Walleye Tournament On Lake Vermillion

Zach and I went up to Lake Vermillion on Wednesday to prefish for Saturdays tournament. OnWednesday we saw sun and 60 degree temps, on Thursday it snowed with morning temps of 25, on Friday it was nice with near 60 degree temperatures, and on Saturday for the tourney we had 20-30 MPH winds with snow and ice pellets all morning. Needless to say it was the longest day of fishing I've had in years and hope I don't see again soon. There were 61 crazy contestants that fished with some success. We boated 4 weigh fish and placed 11th, one spot out of the money......SH*T!!

As of right now that tournament has had a run of 3 years with bad weather for each event. I don't see us signing up for this again! The fishing on most lakes has been tough and I feel its mainly due to he changes in the weather daily. Hopefully it will stabilize for the holiday weekend fishermen. I may even wet a line on a warm day....PLEASE be warm just one day!!

Best of luck to all,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet