Tuesday, January 04, 2005

RED LAKE IS STILL PRODUCING

Went fishing with the Mickman and we found fish again, but it was a long cold night. The fish were very picky they wanted only small jigs and moving the bait seemed to scare them off. Every night is different and a challenge.

Hillman’s plowed a great road after all the snow and drifting from the weekend storm. They’re very accommodating people and they will tell you like it is out on the lake.

Fishing for me is a time to relax and unwind. I like to sit and stare at my bobbers and clear my mind of all the clutter( actually that’s quite easy for me because there isn’t much of importance up there). Yesterday I was battling a raspy throat and it hurt to talk, and when I had too it usually produced a cough. Consider sitting next to a motor mouth who never shut-up and expected answers to all his ramblings. He’s been told before but next time I may be rude….SHUT THE _ _ _ _- UP AND FISH.

This detracted from the day but we caught nice fish and even a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!! Tomorrow I’m going by myself, listen to some tunes and kick back and a fish will be a bonus.

Take the time and get out…there seems to be a good bite going on.
BTW…called half dozen friends and couldn’t find one that was free to fish. HMMMMMMM.

Anyway…Catch and release is good too,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet