Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Great Fish Z

Well it was back to work after a 2 week vacation and I stretched everything I could out of it. I fished, I golfed, and yes I watched it rain, but work was a nice rest and after 2 day shifts I had to fish. Go figure, I wasn’t going to run home and cut the grass. I called Zach and the night was planned, an evening Lost. We got to a landing that was busier than expected so I thought that maybe the long awaited bite was on. We raced across the lake to the magic spot( raced meaning about 10 MPH, as fast as the 8 HP Johnson will go). I lined the boat up and we got ready, “hand me a beer Zach let’s not rush into things” I said to Z. We did finally get fishing and found the bite not hot but we chose a great evening with little wind and a lot of peace and quiet. At about 9 o’clock I found 3 fish in a row and then Z ,after cleaning out the bottom of branches and logs, casted deep into the shore and set the hook on something big (hehehe I thought another snag) OUCH was I wrong it started to swim sideways in a hurry. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to know he had a nice fish on, actually when landed the fish was 27”. I don’t have a scale in the boat but it was an honest 6-7 pounds, Great fish Zach. I put a few pictures of the fish below I hope all enjoy them. I have some running to do and maybe some golfing this afternoon but the rain clouds are on the way again. ;-((

Catch em if you can,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet