Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A Week of Slow Fishing

Sorry to be lax again in updating the blog, working night shift and some internet problems have made for good excuses. To get you up to speed with the fishing it starts back on last Wednesday night when Jeff, Zach, Ashley and I fished above Winnie Dam in the rain. We worked our butts off and caught 1 walleye, I think it was the bad weather and the high water but we tried.

Thursday night I took Jeff to the honey hole on a dry night actually, and we caught enough for a nice fish fry. Jeff had to get home and bring his boat back north, he's pre-fishing for a bass tourney on Vermillion on Saturday June 25th....GOOD LUCK Jeff.

This Tuesday Zach, Mickey and I fished Round lake on a truely beautiful day. You can see by the pictures that we got our share of sun that evening. The fishing was slow because of the lack of wind and bright skies, but we caught 2 very nice walleyes as you will see below. I always said that can only pick your days to fish and then you hope the fish are biting. This last week has been tough to find active fish but we found some great days to fish.

Last night I took Tom fishing on another great evening. We caught 1 fish 20" and released it, this stretch of nice weather should start a good fish bite soon, but I haven't talked to a fish yet that will agree with me....HMMMMM. I guess the best part of the evening is we were alone in a back bay and the beer was cold. Sometimes this all you can ask for.

Well tonight I have golf league and am looking forward to a warm evening of golf.

I guess I'm up to date, catch them if you can.
Later

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet