Monday, August 15, 2005

Fun Times on the Lakes

I’m on vacation and the golfing has been frustrating so I guess fishing is the alternative. This time of the year it is a hit or miss proposition but there are still some biters out there if you’re not too fussy about size or type of fish you catch. Saturday I went up Big Sturgeon and met John Valentini to do some crappie fishing. I started out in a spot I have fished before and caught about 8 small hand sized fish, not bad action for about 2 hours. Then it was off to find John to see how he was doing on the other side of the lake. They had 2 boats out and were working the weeds near a hump in the middle of the lake. I joined in and at dark caught 6 crappies large enough to clean, but small. They had caught 1 between them.

Last night I went out scouting another small lake. It was a great evening after the wind died down a little and I caught a large mouth bass that I took a picture of, hope you enjoy it. The lake I was on is supposed to have crappies in it and I may go there one night and try for them because I found a few nice areas that may hold fish. Thankfully it cooled down enough that spending time on a lake feels good right now and I may do more fishing.

Later all,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet