Monday, December 12, 2005

LAKE OF THE WOODS...12/11

I took my first flyer fishing tour of the year, it started out by driving up to Red Lake and spending Wednesday night in the fish house. The next morning Z and I drove to Lake Of The Woods and fished out of Adriens resort. We spent 4 hours of fishing in about 18` of water and caught 6 walleyes and 3 saugers. I just made it sound like a ho hum trip but here COMES the exciting part. The lake looks like a battle ground, the winds piled up sheets of ice in every direction before the lake completely froze and drive out the first couple of miles is a real challenge. When we were satisfied that we were fishing in a good spot we unloaded the portable and started to drill holes. After the first hole was drilled the auger stalled and Zach broke the starter rope trying to restart the auger, in a flurry of 4 letter words and other random threats we took the recoil of the auger apart. Much to our amazement we actually fixed it in record time and only 2 or 3 frozen fingers each. The temperature was a whopping 0.

All in all it was a fun trip and we will be going up on this Wednesday for a 3 day trip and will use the wheeled fish house for the first time this year…I HOPE.

Catch them if you can find them,

Steelheader

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, dad. You two look cold. Keep up the fishing and the posts. Miss you all.

Your Cali Family

12/12/05 12:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy smokes!!! I've been trying all day to find little know sources of "real" people online with thoughts and ideas about ice fishing. I stumbled on to your porst about LAKE OF THE WOODS...12/11 and although it's not exactly what I was looking for, it certainly caught my attention. I'm personally building a resource for ice fishing and hope you might stop by and check it out when you have a chance...let me know your thoughts. I'll be sure to send people this way as well. Thanks steelheader...Cheers!

16/12/05 10:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LAKE OF THE WOODS...12/11 was what caught my attention. I was just out browsing around today looking for information on ice fishing equipment, and happened accross your blog. Although it's not completely related to ice fishing equipment, it certainly made me stop and ponder. Thanks for the great read steelheader...I'll be back.

16/12/05 22:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy smokes!!! I've been trying all day to find little know sources of "real" people online with thoughts and ideas about ice fishing house. I stumbled on to your porst about LAKE OF THE WOODS...12/11 and although it's not exactly what I was looking for, it certainly caught my attention. I'm personally building a resource for ice fishing house and hope you might stop by and check it out when you have a chance...let me know your thoughts. I'll be sure to send people this way as well. Thanks steelheader...Cheers!

21/12/05 02:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet