Friday, December 23, 2005

Starting a week of Hard Work!!

I got off midnights this morning and had a hard time walking out to my truck, it rained all night and everything was like a skating rink at 5:30 AM this morning. I poked home at 30 MPH so I could stay on the road...It was really nasty driving. With repairs to my truck costing $900 I didn't need to find an accident that would probably bankrupt me....HEHE.... I woke at 10:30 AM and told Jackie that I was going fishing, if looks could kill....anyway I went and in 2 hours caught a nice mess of fish... Another great meal of crappies.

Sorry no pictures of the fish, I was too lazy and and too busy moving my fish house around trying to keep on the fish. Some times its almost more work than one should have to put up with. The fishermen who read this will appreciate that last statement. Anyway I will enjoy the holiday's with my Family and then on Monday it will be fishing for 5 days and maybe if I'm a good boy I will allow myself to party a little. The fish that we catch will be a bonus....I know that is a very trite statement but I have done well so far and the season of ice fishing......Now all I have to do is to get some of my friends to enjoy the pleasure of fishing through the ice and to enjoy the quiet and friendship of good company. A few beers and a bottle of Jack will help mellow out the most tense of the bunch on the ice.

I hope all of you try to enjoy the solitude or the raucous events of a party on the ice, this is the time of the year when letting loose can be the reason you fish. I don't want to belittle the ice fishing season in anyway, just enjoy the excuse to fish in the way you want. I will have some pics in my next post and you will see some new faces and maybe an old, but I can promise you one thing that the fish caught will be an honest account of the trip. I will tell you now and I think those who read this blog know that I am not too proud to tell you most honest fishermen have a bad day, and I do not....I repeat I do not catch limits everyday. We all hear stories from people who we talk to that they never return without a full catch. I hope you wish these fishermen well with the smile they deserve, because Al, Babe and Roland catch the fish they do because they are told when and where the fish are biting and they don't sell footage of film fishing for hours without a bite. The bottom line is don't deny a bad fishing trip, it happens to all the pros. Enjoy your time on the water and remember that a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Be honest, be proud and have fun.....

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet