Monday, January 02, 2006

A Winnie Quicky

Well I had to work the New Years weekend so I felt I missed something, so I did the next best to celebrating the new year on time....I went fishing after night shift. I called Zach and said if your not too busy lets go fishing....Like I have to twist his arm very hard. Off to Winnie we went to look for walleyes on the humps. We got there early enough and there were other fishermen doing their best to catch a fish. We actually had 2 trucks that wanted to park in Zach's truck box. After backing and turning a couple of times they left, like the lake isn't big enough that you have to park with another group of fishermen.

Reid and Dave started out deep while Zach and I fished the top of the bar. We all saw fish as soon as we set up but catching them was a different story, after alot of yelling at the fish we saw. Reid caught the first walleye and it was a half inch to big to keep. A couple of pictures later it was released to fight again. Much later I caught the big fish of the night.....a 22 1/2" walleye and again it had to be released. Minutes later I caught a keeper, a 10" fish......well it was under 17" and I could have kept it, but it was released to get a little bigger for the next fisherman to decide if he be lunch. We saw other fish but a case of lock jaw kept the night uneventful and we left with talk of tomorrow. We're starting early and hopefully I will have pictures of a better outing.

Till tomorrow,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet