Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Gettin Ready For Late Ice Crappies

I pulled the fish house back up to Red Lake expecting fishing to pick up as the melting of the coming spring gets near. I did fish this weekend but was not expecting a bonus day and I wasn't dissappointed. The crappies were not in my area and the walleyes were small. I did catch enough for a meal of perch which will find their way to the frying pan when this text gets posted.

The biggest part of my time in the house this weekend was to work on a few projects inside that have been engineered and put off.....You like that allusion the the high tech world...hehehe....Anyway I put in a couple of steps so that nobody breaks a leg trying to get into the top bunk. With a couple of projects down I created a couple of more.... :-(( . I may head up fishing and working this Thursday. Tomorrow I get to take Rudy fishing for the first time this year, I hope Island Lake can give up a few fish.

I guess I can call myself lucky with all the fishing I've done this year that the locks on the house haven't been change on my return home this year. Jackie has been very understanding, I have fished more this year and there is still more to come....I HOPE....Thank-you very much hun!! My excuse is that this is a year of nice weather that we may never see in our life time again, so far its been working.

Till my next post and better luck I hope,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet