Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Golf Weekend

Once in awhile fishing is not the activity of the moment, Damn I hate when that happens. On Friday I was selected to play in a charity eveny at the Mesabe CC, Hibbing Taconite sent 2 foursomes and I was in one of the groups. We played great and I hit the ball well, we were -9 and won the scramble event.

On the weekend I played in the Lou Barle event at Eagle Ridge, Saturday was a best ball and I shot a 78 my best round in the 3 years that I've played there. Rick Anderson and I went into Sunday with a 2 stroke lead and didn't play bad but not good enough, we lost the scramble part of the tourney and lost our event by 1 stroke and came in second. I made some bad mental mistakes but I guess you learn by making them, I hope. We got our money back in prize money so I guess it was successful.

I have to golf league tonite but I hope to fish Wednesday and Thursday, and hoping to get Mickey out tomorrow. Next week will be busy, Alyssa, D and the kids will be staying out at Bill's cabin on Big Sturgeon so I hope to get some family and fishing pics on line during the week.

Stay tunes for updates,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet