Tuesday, February 01, 2005

MID WINTER LULL

Monday after night shift I took another flyer to Red lake. Hate to waste a day sleeping so fishing won out........BIG mistake. Mickman and I sat for 6 hours and had two bites.....1 crappie and a perch. Word has it the night bite is better, it certainly can't be worse.

Walked over to another party of fishermen and they were seeing the same things....they had 1 crappie all day. I can say that it was the nicest day for fishing, temperatures got into the 30's and no wind to speak of. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work, we've all heard that one and I guess its true but a better bite would have improved the day.

OH! By The Way I did catch something else......A COLD, I certainly didn't get skunked....hehehe....Have a long weekend coming up and may try the night bite(hope, hope). Never give up is a stupid motto also, but boredom takes on many forms. Some might say SUPER BOWL, I'll look on the computer Monday morning to see who won, without Janet it will probably be awefully boring.

I hope you find better fishing where ever you go,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet