Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Campout With Great Company...Thanks Tom

Tom Kemp what a fun guy and now one you can count on, although I always knew that. Earlier this summer we talked about going camping for an evening for some fishing, some drinking, and some music. Since Tom is the operations VR our schedules don’t mesh that often. He got to sub for Ginzu when Mark went to Alaska so we picked a day, 95 degree dead calm day. Can we pick a day or what, but we made the best of it.

I got to Tom’s with my topper and boat half filled with what I need for camping , and as I pulled up to Tom’s house and saw what he had for a ONE nighter I almost SH*T. Needless to say we filled the boat and topper with gear, I now remember why I don't get real excited about tenting.

On the drive up to Jeanette we scrapped the idea of camping out on an island, we were praying for a site open in the Campground. The LORD was looking after us we got one of the prime sites and were out fishing by about 1 in the afternoon.

Did I mentioned earlier it was HOT, but the BEER was cold and you know what, being the good campers we are we brought enough beer. Out on the water I thought I was fishing with the Coppertone sunbathing team, Tom had so much sunscreen on I smelled coconuts all day long, You truly are a gem Tom. Yes we didn’t want you to get the top of your head sunburned. Even with the heat we caught plenty of small walleyes and enough filletable fish for Tom to bring home some fresh fish.

That evening we listened to Skynard( GO FIGURE), cooked brats on a nice campfire and drank more beer, BTW we didn’t run out, how about that for good planning.

I hope we can get together again Tom and do another overnight campout, and maybe we can bring the 2 that should have been with us. I have some pictures that you may enjoy, the fish were way too small to record for all to see……sorry. The bright sun also raise heck with my cheap digital camera so some pictures were too dark to correct on the computer.

Till next time,

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet