Friday, October 14, 2005

Well if nothing else Mickey's predictable

Yesterday was Mickey's fishing day and left all the decisions to him. Well we went to Dark Lake as predicted and crawlers were the only bait that was going to catch fish. Being the the good guide that I am, I let him use the chosen bait of knowing anglers. Micky lost at least 5 big walleyes although he never had a fish hooked long enough to get a look at, he just had really big walleye bites. HMMMMMMMM. He did catch 2 northerns and snagged another in the belly. I struggled with a jig and a minnow and caught 8 northerns and 1 walleye of about 3 pounds, not bad using inferior methods and bait.

Other than the fact that it rained for most of the trip and then having to listen to Mickey's constant dialog of each bite, nibble and the ultimate...Dammit I missed another walleye, we had fun. I still have the rest of the week off so I think I'm golfing today and the 1 more fishing outing this weekend before the boat gets winterized. Yes I did say winter, ITS coming sooner than most will want to admit.

I'm heading out to California on October 25th for a week, hopefully I will be able get some nice pictures up in the mountains and on the golf courses. Looking forward to seeing Bella, Griffin, Alyssa and D. Also the local live in zoo of 2 dogs and 2 cats. I'm looking forward to a nice day here, I hope you can enjoy yours.

Steelheader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
LL Bean Outlet